Wednesday 27 March 2013

Laid-Back 31DC Day 16, Colour Opposites

Laid-Back 31DC Day 15 and it's the half way point!!

This post is a day late because I just couldn't decide what colours to use. My first idea was Black and White but I've done that (and failed) so my second colour combo idea was Red and Green but I couldn't bare the thought of having this on my nails. I needed to find a clash of colours that I was happy with and that I was comfortable on have on my nails whilst at work tomorrow - this was not easy task!

After lots of trial and error trying to match up colours I settled on Yellow and Purple the next step - how am I going to use these two contrasting colours, what design was I going to do?? This particular challenge has definitely been a that - a challenge! I had started (yesterday) with grand designs and big plans but with the time it has taken just to decide on the colour i have to say I have chicken out on doing any designs I opted for a gradient.

I'm happy with them now, but I don't think I'll be in any hurry to clashing nails any time soon!!

To help the yellow pop I used No7 Snowflake 140 to build the white base. The Yellow I've used is Rimmel Lasting finish, Sunshine 280 and the Purple is Rimmel 60 seconds, Purple reign 605. Rimmel have a great selection of string colours and because they dry it makes them perfect of gradients because you don't have to wait an age for each layer to dry.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment