Tuesday 19 March 2013

Laid-Back 31DC Day 14, Stamping


This is my first proper attempt at nail stamping.I got a cheap stamping starter kit of eBay ages ago and I've not really done much with it.

I've watched a few youtube clips and read a few tutorials on the best way to stamp. The overall consensus seams to be, use a plastic card and not the metal scrapper that comes with the many stamping sets. The metal scratches the plate and I wasn't able to scrap the polish off very well. I've used my Subway and this did the trip!! Most nail polishes will stamp, some more than others and does come done to trail and error to find out which work better than others.

I've kept the design simple - well that's what I thought! I choose this kinda wave like image and tried to make it look like car tracks. The stamping image is a little to small/short for my nails so I had to try and match the lines up in a few places. some worked better than others. I think this new technique ( for me ) needs more practise but I can certainly see the appeal.

If anyone has any tips and/or advise on how to master the technique of stamping I'd love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment