Sunday 24 March 2013

Laid-Back 31DC Day 15, Watercolour


My watercolour inspired nails have a very 80's feel. I went for spring colours to stick two fingers up to the weather - what's with all the snow at the moment?

I've used No7 SnowFlake 140 as my base. Great name considering! This polish is opaque in two coats and is almost off white in colour.  It's a clean white but not a bright and bold white just an subtle 'off white'. I then selected two pearly polishes, La Femme Beatuty, Misty Rose and La Femme Beauty, Liberty both have shimmer and sheen finish and I choose my two favourite chalky pastels Models Own, Beths Blue NP063 and Models Own, Jade Stone NP083.

The technique is very simple and quick to do first do a base colour, wait to dry then splodge of the colours you want to use in random places on the nail and then kinda squish and swirl then polish down using thin plastic. I used the outer packaging a mail order was sent - finally came in handly!

The overall affect is good, a little messy and does require a but if clean up (I need to practise this more) but I think I'll be trying this again. This challenge has introduced me to do techniques that I don't think I would have tried unless I was doing the challenge and had to do them!



I'd love to hear what you think!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment