Sunday 5 May 2013

Laid-Back 31DC Day 27, Inspired by me


It was my Birthday on 1st May and I had originally had the idea to do either birthday cake or some kinda birthday celebration inspired nails but I just couldn't decide what to do.

I tried to re-create something that I like to do in my spare time, other than nails. I like vintage, retro and antique curiosities which generally means anything and everything. My boyfriend Andrew is the main collector and trader who is often found at car boots, fairs and action houses getting stock or buying things to fill up the house!!

I have tried to create the rusty and worn in effect that is found on my items we have in the house. Think shabby chic without the white paint on a new items, think original and full of character :)

I applied a base colour of No7 Stay Perfect, Hot to Trot 360 waiting until it was fully dry and then quickly layered No7 Stay Perfect, Totally Teal 330 over the top and used a scrunched of piece of cling film and dappled the teal off. this created the patchy and worn in look that you find on old metal and wooded items that I just Love.






 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this design, your nails have a very antique-y feel to them.

    ReplyDelete