Monday 18 November 2013

Day 25 in the 33DC - A new technique for you

Day 25 in the 33DC - a new technique for you

I've been wanting to try sugar spun nails for such a long time. I though about doing them a few previous prompts at the start of this challenge but held off until now. I love how dramatic and sticking they look.

I followed a tutorial done by the amazing The Nailasaurus, this one  Mine have turned out better than I thought, considering this was my first attempt. My middle finger went a bit wrong, don't those blobs look ugly?! My the time I got to my right hand I think I'd got the hang of it a bit more and the white looks thinner but still a few pesky blobs turned up.

All in all I'm chuffed with how they have turned out and I think I'll be doing these again soon.  I've used NYC, Spring Tulip for my base and Models Own, Snow White for the topping.

33DC-sugar-spun-nails

33DC-sugar-spun-nails

33DC-sugar-spun-nails

1 comment: