Tuesday 5 November 2013

Day 19 in the 33DC - follow someone's tutorial

Day 19 in the 33DC - follow someone's tutorial

I've wanted to try cartoon nails ever since I first sore them. I love how they look and was keen to try them.

This tutorial is by Procrastinails, please check out her blog: http://procrastinails.blogspot.co.uk/
She has made this look so simple when in reality this was harder than I thought! I'm not as steady or as neat as I want to be and I think with practise, patience and lots more practise I'm determined to master this design.

Once I'd finished I did another search and found another ways on how to create this look. they all start with a black base and then once dry adding the colour over the top leaving a slim black edge. Looking back I with I'd done it this way round. next time I do them I try it this way around so I have something to compare against.  I wonder which way round will win??

 
For my nails I've used  Models Own Pro, Black Jack and NYC Spring Tulip and a un-named white stamping polish for the 'shine' mark. I added Rimmel Matte finish to remove the shine from the polish which adds to the effect. I waited an hour before added the matte top coat but yet still it made the black run.

33DC-follow-a-tutorial-cartoon-nails

33DC-follow-a-tutorial-cartoon-nails

33DC-follow-a-tutorial-cartoon-nails


2 comments: