Tuesday 25 February 2014

I've recieved an Liebster Award, not just one but two!

 
I'm very grateful to have been nominated twice for an Liebster Award. Its a wonderful way of acknowledging fledging blogs and spreading the love.  

 
I was nominated by the wonderful Tracey from Bite No More and by lovely Ivy from Nails of Blue 
 
This It's a chain designed to help blogs with less than 200 followers get noticed. The rules are:
  • If you get nominated you must acknowledge the blogger who nominated you 
  • Write 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you asked
  • Nominate 11 people who have less than 200 followers and create 11 questions for them to answer
  • Let the 11 nominees know that you are nominating them 
11 random facts about me:
1. I'm tall, very tall. 6ft in fact
2. I love food. Meat, bread and cheese are my three weaknesses
3. I used to work in childcare, I have a NVQ level 3 qualification.
4. I'm obsessed by mint chocolate!
5. I completed a qualification in acrylic nails but I need to keep practicing as I've not done it in such a long time
6. I love sleeping, I love my bed
7. I love all things that are vintage, social history, taxidermy, natural history and weird science related.
8. I'd love to get married, I've been with Andrew for nearly 8 years.
9. I have a very very limited sense of smell almost non-existent
10. I'd love to own a dog but my current house is just too small :(
11. I'm re-taking my GCSE Maths, 12 years after doing it for the first time! 
 
Questions from Tracey:
1. What inspired you do start a blog? I wanted to keep a record of all the nail art I did. 
2. When someone comments on your posts, do you always reply? Yes. I don't often get a comment so Its great when I do!
3. Have you ever had any negative comments? If so how do you react? Nothing negative
4. What's your favourite season and why? I love Spring time because its the start of new things, leaves on trees, blossom, spring flowers, blue skies and it also mean my Birthday is just around the corner, 1st May
5. If you could be any animal, what would you be? A cat, defiantly a cat. I'm happy to admit that I'm selectively social and don't mind being by myself 
6. If you could change just one thing in your life, would you? For my hair to grow faster and to be stronger and to not have any greys?! That's three, but all about one thing! 
7. Do you enjoy blogging? Or has it taken over your life? I enjoy it but find it hard to make time for it.
8. Has anything good ever happened to you because of your blog? Not yet, but there is still time :)
9. Sweet or Savory? Savoury all the way
10. Would you, or have you got a second blog? Don't have the time for another blog
11. Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?
 Good question! I think it all depends on how things progress with technology and social media. for example Instagram and twitter

 
Questions from Ivy:
1. Which nail art technique do you love, and which do you hate? I Love a gradient and I Hate doing chevrons. I just cant seam to get the hang of them, I love them on other people though.
2. What's your favourite polish colour and finish? I love a good pastel with a matte topcoat.
3. What's your most prized polish bottle? My Illamasqua, DWS its the best grey ever!
4 .Which nail polish blog you could never unfollow? The Crumpet this was the first blog I found and one of the main reasons I got into nail-art and blogging.
5. Do you prefer sweet or savoury snacks? Savoury all the way
6. What's the thing that makes you squee? Surprises from family and friends, knowing that they are thinking of me just melts my heart. 
7. Do you have a favourite internet meme? ?
8. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? To fly, to travel so freely would be heaven  
9. How do you spend your Saturday nights? At home, with good food, a movie some wine and then a hot bath. Pure Bliss 
10. Have you ever performed anything in public? I was in childrens choir when I was in primary school, but nothing since - public speaking makes me anxious.
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? I'd love to travel across America.

Now its my turn, here are my 11 questions:
1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. What are you wearing on your nails right now?
3. How many polishes do you own?
4. How do you store you polishes?
5. Are you a morning person or an evening person?
6. Do you have a favourite brand of polish?
7.What do you do for work?
8. Are you a book lover or a film fan?
9. Are you a Tea, Coffee or Hot chocolate drinker?
10. Describe your perfect holiday.
11. What time is it right now?

And the 11 blogs I'm nominating are:
Style Those Nails
Little Night Flower
Life In Lacquer
Knitty Nails 
The Nail Snail
Lethal Lacquer
Nailallure
Lagazellenails
Nikkis Nail Files
Journails
Procrastinails

Thank you for taking the time read and please check out all of the above bloggers.
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part. Great answers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! Pastel with a matte topcoat sounds gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! xx

    ReplyDelete